6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XLV
I. Around the WorldThings I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Why Some of Us Don’t Have One True Calling -- Emilie’s new TEDx talk on becoming a multipotentialite
- The Forgotten Houseboat Hotels of Kashmir -- Photographs from the lost golden era of tourism in Kashmir
- Historical Photos of New York City from the Public Library -- Click on an interesting vintage photo, and the site shows you where it was taken on a map of New York
- You Don’t Have to Be Excited to Stay Committed -- "Things that bring you the greatest joy are often not that fun while you’re doing them."
- Smart Ideas for Instagram Photos -- How to improve your on-the-go snaps and shared experiences
- The Age-Old Cynicism Surrounding the Dream of Book Writing -- "Younger people aren’t interested in passive consumption-they want to engage, respond, create"