6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XLII
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- 10 Travel Hacks The Tourism Industry Doesn’t Want You To Know — Featuring comments from me and several other experts
- Be a More Productive Writer While Also Achieving Balance — Lots of contrarian advice here. I still like my to-do lists, but I appreciate this perspective
- Traveling to Cuba? Book one of the 1,000 listings available on Airbnb — While you’re waiting for the Park Hyatt Havana to open, here are some alternatives
- How to Be Funnier — A new film from FiveThirtyEight
- “Live free, die hoppy” — One man’s quest to visit every craft brewery in the U.S.
- Winston Churchill’s Guide to Life-Work Balance — Including a morning whiskey in the bath and a daily uniform of pink silk pyjamas
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- “Happiness Depends on You” — On the Road with Scott Bold and Michelle Eshlemen
- Win the Way You Won Before — Can you adapt the skill or strategy that worked for you in the past to a new situation?
- “Most Ambitions Belong to the Past” — Reflections on a Neurosurgeon’s Final Year of Life
- Writing a Three-Line Poem Every Day for a Year — YVonne Whitelaw’s Quest
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- No Money, but a Rich Life — On the Road with Nate Maingard
Image: Ed Yourdon
Your comments are welcome! Please be nice and use your real name.
If you have a website, include it in the website field (not in the text of the comment).
Want to see your photo in the comments? Visit Gravatar.com to get one.