I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- The Professional Career of Mini-Golf — A 19-year-old Czech superstar practices seven hours a day
- The World’s Hardest Geography Test — One that’s not taught in any classroom
- Joey Roth has a new poster — The original “hustler” one (featured in The $100 Startup) has sold more than 10,000 prints!
- “I was a digital bestseller” — An interesting story on the promise and perils of digital publishing
- The secret swimming pool in the Mojave desert — When next in the Mojave, drop in for a swim
- The Strange Life of Antonio Inoki — A larger-than-life story of a man with several careers, including professional wrestler and hostage negotiator
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- On the Road with Betsy & Warren Talbot — I met Betsy and Warren in Seattle—and then I promptly saw them again in Barcelona, Portland, and probably some other places. Like me, they get around.
- The Craft of Editing a Very Short Story — Editing makes writing so much better—even when it requires some compromise.
- Do you have to take a terrible job just because you went to college? — What if you had an ethical responsibility to find meaningful work?
- Eating in Restaurants Alone — Thoughts and tips on something I do every day (featuring reader comments)
- A Free Offer to Help You Get Rich Slowly — Special offer for anyone in a tight spot
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Personal Responsibility and Showing Up — Instead of luck, take heart. Take courage. It all starts with showing up.