6 Discoveries From Near and Far, Volume III
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Traveling in Yemen — what it’s like to travel as a Westerner in this isolated country
- The Social Good Ipsum — Filler text with compassion (and randomness)
- Give Peace a Chance (still) — Why civil resistance remains the best strategy for social and political change in the face of oppression.
- Habits (Video) — “I’ve often wondered why do I act unlike my friends, why do I feel one way and not the other.”
- The Shadowy World of High-Speed Tennis Betting — More entertaining than it sounds
- Throwing Like a Girl — I’m a bit late to this campaign, but better late than never
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Managing Your Time as a New Freelancer — From a new “Ask the Readers” series
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, Heathrow Airport — A phototour of one of my favorite lounges
- Finding Yourself in Thailand — On the road with Alana Morgan
- Where Should I Go on Book Tour? — We’re taking ideas and proposals!
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Your One Place — A fun game to play (also: how to go anywhere, anytime)