6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XXXIV
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- The Journal of Brief Ideas — A new outlet for short, scholarly ideas of 200 words or less
- The Most Advantageous Places to Visit with American Dollars — An updated report highlighting Mexico, Argentina, and some of Europe
- Nude Portraits Where the Photographer Himself Is Unclothed — A change of perspective on the usual photography project
- The FBI’s Top Hostage Negotiator Tells You How To Save Money on Your Phone Bill — A lesson in asking
- Adventure of a Lifetime — A detailed guide to visiting Iceland
- JetBlue’s CEO Battles to Appease Passengers and Wall Street — He stays up until 3am responding to angry emails
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- 8 Weeks of Business Training and 365 Days of Support: Now Available — Marie Forleo’s 2015 B-School opens doors (get a ton of bonuses from us if you register)
- The Japanese Tradition That Encourages Us to Be Present — More supporting evidence for my new focus on units of momentary happiness
- To Be Happier, Go to the Library — Here’s another tradition from the other side of the Pacific
- 2,500 “Beautiful Moments” from People in 24 Countries — A reader story from Janne Williams
- AmEx Centurion Lounge — The airport oasis that makes domestic travel comfortable… even in Las Vegas!
- How to Run a Business and Still Care for Your Family — Can you have a family while working in one city and living in another?
- Billy Ulmer’s Quest to Visit 10 Tiny Houses Across America — A quest to interview owners of tiny homes
- Adventure is Anything that puts Outside Our Comfort Zone — Notes from the Himalayas (and beyond)
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Three Types of Happiness — How Do You Choose?