6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XXXIII
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Invasive Species — Photos of South African cell-phone towers disguised as trees
- I Wanted to Be a Millionaire — What it’s like to lose a small fortune in 20 seconds
- How to Charter a Yacht — The beginner’s guide
- The King of Cactuses — When your cactus gets sick, who are you going to call? This guy.
- The Uber Driver Who Makes $250,000 a Year — Tip: Most of his income doesn’t come from the actual driving
- Champagne Bottle Chair Art — An unconventional competition with creative results
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- The Wall Street Banker Who Became a Monk — Rasanath Dasa’s unusual quest
- Why “Make Something You Love” Still Matters — A new free video with surprising answers to concerns about starting an online business
- The Light Outside My Window on the Morning After Launch — Thoughts on putting your heart and soul into something you believe in
- This Weekend’s Giveaway — Win a Free Upgrade on American Airlines!
- United Launches Business Card Offer with 50,000 Mile Signup Bonus — A new offer that compliments the existing personal card
- Living with Gratitude in a Modern Age: Starbucks Edition — Someone gave me a Starbucks gift card as a thank-you for a favor I did, and this time I did something a little different with it
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- What Would You Do if You Knew You Would Not Fail — Most things that are worth doing involve a real possibility of failure … but that shouldn’t stop us
Image: Dillon Marsh