6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XXVIII
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Routines of Famous Creative People (Interactive Version) — How different artists and writers worked, partied, and sometimes even slept
- An Insanely Simple 3 Step Guide For Killing Procrastination — How to schedule your most important work—and ensure that it actually happens
- Not Dead Yet: How Some Video Stores Are Still Thriving — Blockbuster’s long gone, but a few independent video stores have taken a different approach
- Roberto Saviano on the Fear of Assassination — An Italian writer has been living under armed guard for eight years
- Why Diners Are More Important Than Ever — Includes the 8 characteristics of how you know you’re at a diner
- When It Comes to Sunk Costs, Are Children and Animals More Rational than Adults? — Some research suggests that adults have it all wrong
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- The Beauty of Traveling Solo — On the Road with Megan Van Groll
- A Night at the Airport — Unlocking travel master status is a lot like riding a bicycle
- Sleeping in Hong Kong on My 100th Visit — People say you can’t learn about a city in a short period of time, but what if you stay in a city for a short period of time over and over and over?
- An Honest Conversation About Debt in America — After filing for bankruptcy herself, photographer Brittany M. Powell is traveling across America to interview other people struggling with unexpected debt
- Limited Time: Use Southwest Airlines Points to Fly a Companion Free — Learn how to qualify for the much-desired Companion Pass for a whole year
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- How to Be Unhappy — A list of ways to be truly discontented
Image: Vicky Wasik