I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- How Publishing Made Me Miserable and What I Did About It — “What I realized was my idea of a ‘big break’ probably wasn’t very realistic”
- 13 Questers Share How They Overcame Fear — AONC reader Varonica interviewed 13 people from the new book. Here are their surprising answers
- An Animated Tribute to Jackson Pollock — In its 1940s New York City setting, painting-swiping protagonist Jack lives not just to make world-renowned canvasses his own, but a part of him
- Incredible 180-minute video — This stick of butter was left on the counter for 3 hours… and you won’t believe what happened next!
- Why You Should Leave Your Good Job (But Probably Won’t) — Sometimes “good” isn’t good enough—but making a big change is still hard
- The Final Trip Home of Pfc. Aaron Toppen — A sad look at the realities of the Afghanistan war (or any war, really)
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- “I am constantly trying new things” — On the road with Gary Arndt, another world explorer
- Can You Get a Business Card Without Having a Business? — My short (and longer) answer a popular reader question
- Cooking a Meal From Every Country — Our profile of Sasha Martin’s quest for food and peace
- Free Manifesto (and Now a Free Webinar!) — On the art of revolution in entrepreneurship by Jonathan Fields
- Reflections from the Road — 18 cities down, 22 more to go
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- It’s Always Good to Run — I don’t always follow this advice, but it’s good advice nonetheless
Image: Sasha Martin