6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XXXVI
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- 28 (Better) Things No One Tells You About Publishing — My favorites are #15 and #17. I disagree with #13
- Buy a Monopoly Set and Get Real Money — Everyone’s childhood dream comes true (at least in France)
- If It Doesn’t Serve a Purpose, Get Rid of It — Advice for industrial design and life
- I’ll Just Put This Here, Where No One Will Read It — On allowing people to make mistakes (or even to fail)
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield’s Flight Suit Found in Toronto Thrift Store — How it got there remains a mystery
- How Too Many Products Can Hurt Your Business — A counterintuitive lesson from the precocious Nathan Barry
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- One Log Cabin and 800 Yoga Mats — Some unconventional tax deductions from my life in 2014
- Brand New: Discover Miles Card Provides a 3% Rebate on Everything — Discover launches a new product in an attempt to compete with Chase
- A Family’s Year in Italy — On the Road with Jacqueline Jannotta (and kids!)
- To Stop Insanity, It’s Not Just About Doing Things Differently — A different theory of what the real problem is
- Hiking the 7,910-Mile Triple Crown of American Trails — David Getchel’s Quest
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Playing It Safe is Riskier Than You Think — More evidence for my “entrepreneurship isn’t risky” thesis