6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XLIII
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Virtual Tour of New SAS Business Class Cabin — The Scandinavian carrier updates its seats and shows them off in this fun “street view” tour
- The Ultimate European Road-Trip — Using open-source Google Maps data, you can customize this trip to suit your own style
- Base Jumping off the World’s Second Tallest Tower — Watch crazy people jump off a building in Dubai
- One Bike One Year — One woman’s solo journey by bike to collect stories about water and climate change
- 9 Ways to Live Life on Offense — Including #4: “Say yes to the scariest stuff”
- Cost Obsessions Around the World — Interesting Google searches by country
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- WDS Academies Now Live — Join Us in Portland this Summer, Even if You Haven’t Registered for WDS
- The Art of Unplanned Travel — On the Road with Carole Rosenblat
- Limited Offer: 50,000 Points Bonus for United MileagePlus Explorer Card — Get 20,000 more United Miles during this special offer
- “Knowledge is Not Understanding” — The Case of the Backwards Bicycle
- Around the World on a Yellow Motorcycle — Leon Logothetis’ Quest
- Three Things I Know are True: Writing Books — This new series explores what I believe in different areas of work and life
- Top 5 Credit Card Signup Bonuses for Miles and Points — May 2015 edition
- Live from Seattle: Today’s “Dream Trip” Kickoff was Awesome! — We kicked off the live broadcast for “Make Your Dream Trip a Reality”… and a ton of you were watching
- “Make Your Dream Trip a Reality”: Week 1 and Week II Recap — with photos and prizes!
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- If You Don’t Like the Menu, Leave the Restaurant — I used to feel obligated to finish bad books or stay in restaurants I didn’t like—then I adopted Chris’s rule
Image: Ed Yourdon