Greetings, friends and readers.
After an extended stay at home in Portland, I’m now preparing to head out again. Over the next two weeks I’ll be simultaneously traveling through Asia and working on my most detailed business project of the year.
It’s called Empire Building Kit, and the goal is to help people build a sustainable business in less than one year by doing one thing every day.
Working for Yourself, a lower-priced guide, is all about getting started on the road to entrepreneurship. EBK will be about taking these steps further. The goal is to serve people who already have a small lifestyle business, or are serious about not wasting any time building one.
For now, I’m looking for some help. Specifically, I’m looking to feature a number of interesting lifestyle businesses that meet these criteria:
- Annual net income of between $50,000 – $200,000
- Three or less employees (I especially like businesses of one person, since that’s what I have)
- The business has a significant online component (it can either be completely online, or mostly online with some degree of offline activity)
- It has to be an industry you wouldn’t be ashamed to tell your grandmother about
- Lastly, you must be willing to discuss the finances of the business, as well as the challenges you faced getting things going. (I did this last year with 279 Days to Overnight Success, and I’ll be going into much greater detail with the EBK.)
If you’d like to be considered, please send me a note with a short summary of your business including the web site address. I’ll follow up with everyone who writes in.
Update: I’ve got plenty of case studies to work with. Thanks for all the emails!
Everyone else, stay tuned. I’ll be working on the EBK while hopping around Asia this week and next. I want it to be a gamechanger, a big deal, etc. We still have several weeks (at the very least) until it’s ready, so I’ll tell you more when the time gets closer.
And of course, if it’s not a good fit for you, don’t worry — the majority of my work will always be freely available here on the site and elsewhere.
That’s it for the Sunday Store Update. Wednesday afternoon I’ll pack my bags and get ready to head out on the road. Next stop, Papua New Guinea and beyond. Here’s wishing you a great week wherever you are.
P.S. In local news, thanks so much to everyone from Western Oregon University who welcomed me for their “Focus on Leadership” event yesterday. You guys were great!