I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Why Shark Tank Is Terrible for Your Business — Just because someone else has been successful in their business doesn’t mean they know what to do about yours
- Why Have Over 2,000 NoPhones Been Sold? — I’m not trading in my iPhone yet, but this anti-phone has proven to be quite popular
- Jogger Saves Columnist’s Life – Here’s What Happens 6 Years Later — They meet again, but this time under very different circumstances
- Self-Portraits Taken by a Woman Fighting Cancer — Powerful photos documenting her mastectomy and chemotherapy
- It’s Been Two Years and She Hasn’t Produced a Single Piece of Trash — Can you imagine a zero-waste lifestyle? This woman did – and then she made it her reality
- 100 Greatest Console Video Games: 1977 – 1987 — A new hardcover coffee table book chalk full of nostalgia (so fun!)
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- 2014 Annual Review is Here! This Updated Free Tool Will Help You Plan Your Whole Life — If you want to join me and many readers in planning a big 2015, here’s a great place to start
- 2014 Annual Review: A Few Lessons Learned — The kickoff to the review (bonus: includes actual lessons and answers!)
- Units of Momentary Happiness — G. Richard Shell’s theory on how happiness can come in the form of present-moment awareness
- 50 Hourly Jobs in 50 States — Alyssa and Heath Padgett’s Quest to travel the country… in a used RV
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- How to Conduct Your Own Annual Review — Here’s where it all started, six years ago
Image: The Washington Post