6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XIX
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- One Man’s Long Ride Across the Americas from Calgary to Brazil — An epic, two-year journey on horseback
- The Literary Salon in a Brooklyn Bar — When next in NYC, have a drink and read an anonymous short story
- 25 Hotel Hacks from Professional Travelers — Including a few you’ve probably never thought of
- A Primer on Meritocracy — “America is the land of opportunity, just for some more than others.”
- A Worldwide Network of Artists’ Residencies — Apply for a grant, head out on a retreat, and get to work
- Heavy Metal T-Shirts Transformed into Handmade Quilts — For those about to rock, now you can do so with a comfortable quilt
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- WDS 2015 First Round of Tickets on Sale — We’re now welcoming a special group of people for an adventure like no other
- Saving the Ocean, One State at a Time — Jennifer Idol’s quest
- Lessons from the Journey — Progress Inspires a Greater Vision
- A Destination Wedding in Your Own City — A reader story from Patrick and Laura Furlong
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Writing and Speaking for Introverts — Tips for those of us who are less gregarious