I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- What It’s Like to Carry Your Nobel Prize Through Security — Apparently it’s very heavy, and also made of gold
- Is This the Greatest eBay Listing Ever? — A highly comprehensive video game collection for only $164,000
- “No Words, No Breakfast” — How James wrote 1,000 words a day for a month
- Northern Lights in the Sky Above Norway — It turns out that Norway is a great vantage point to see the Aurora Borealis
- The Mass Mob — A religious twist on flash mobs, where thousands of Catholics descend en masse (it’s true) to visit lesser-known churches
- Tracking Down People Named Hitler — A filmmaker sets out to “Meet the Hitlers”
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- 100 Books in 100 Months — Eugene Yiga’s Literary Quest
- The Abandoned Airport in the Congo that Became a Playground — A photographer captures a piece of life we don’t often get to see
- Top 5 Credit Card Signup Bonuses for Miles and Points: October — A rundown of our current favorites
- A Magic Broadcast Channel That Will Help You Reach the World — Imagine being able to share your thoughts with anyone at any time
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Things Not to Worry About — When you let go of concerns that exist for no good reason, life becomes much easier
Image: The Atlantic