6 Discoveries from Near and Far: Volume XLVI
I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Quiet Revolution — an inspiring new community for introverts, made by our good friend Susan Cain
- The Man Who Loved Only Marbles — Video of a man who’s been spending several hours a day with marbles for more than 60 years
- Saving $150 in Airfare by Searching Better — When connecting in a hub city, sometimes it’s best to search for each segment one-by-one
- Graffiti Just Like Grandma Used to Make — Because seniors like to tag, too
- Elevator Training — Why Germany now requires people to be trained before using some elevators
- The Fabricant Way — A new webcast series featuring stories of artisans and creative entrepreneurs
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Waking Up at Night with Big Ideas — “If you just kinda sorta do it, you’ll just kinda sorta get results.”
- A Traveler Who Loves Coming Home — On the Road with Megan Cain
- Don’t Make a Bucket List; Make a List of 100 Dreams — Can you think of 100 things?
- Homeward — Notes from TG 910, Bangkok-London
- Creative Street Posters Show Another Side to Youth Homelessness — “There’s another side to the story”
- The Habit of Giving — Cultivate it the way you would for any habit – simply do it, repeatedly.
- Three Things I Know are True: Taking Risks — If we want to improve and challenge ourselves, we have to look for different kinds of risks
- Top 5 Credit Card Signup Bonuses for Miles and Points — Earn up to 215,000 miles and points in this latest roundup of offers
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- “If they hadn’t been pushed, they never would have made the leap” — Hard times force us to take another look at what we’re really doing. Are you waiting for a push to take your leap?
Image Hat Tip: Boooooooooom