Hi everyone. First, if you’re reading by RSS or email, please come over to the site so you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
As you can see, our new site design is now online. It’s been a long time in the making, and I’m really excited that it’s here. For the concept and execution of the project, I’m grateful to the amazing Reese Spykerman who works on location in Michigan and Malaysia. As I’ve said before, if you need a good web designer or ebook layout expert, send her a note.
There are a few more tweaks that are coming in the next few weeks, notably in how we display the categories, but this is the first public display of the AONC 2.0 that I’ve been hoping to have for a while.
Please note the following important information:
1. During my Annual Review I made the decision to continue my shift towards focusing even more on what I like to do. With that in mind, this year I am going to be a full-time writer. Wish me luck! (Actually, wish me hard work. That’s much better.)
2. The site will continue to remain completely free with no advertising.
3. Instead of ads, I’ll have a few new products coming out this year to support the project – first, the upcoming Travel Ninja guide, and then an extended series of webinars later in the spring.
4. I’m restructuring how often I write here – see below.
New Schedule: Monday and Thursday, Short Updates Other Days
My goal for 2008 was to publish new content every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I achieved that goal and published 122,281 words – more than an average book.
I didn’t miss a single day in the schedule, although from time to time I published at 11:57 p.m. A note for your own world domination plans: consistency is appreciated by people who join your small army.
In 2009, I am branching out a bit and trying to focus on higher-level writing. My new publishing schedule for the year will be Mondays and Thursdays.
I’ll still write about Life, Work, and Travel. I’ll still publish trip reports from everywhere I go – some of you will love them and some of you will skip them. No problem.
The focus of much of the writing, however, will be on information and strategies to help you rule and change the world in your own way. I want to earn your continued readership and ensure that your time reading the Art of Nonconformity is well spent.
You can see some examples of this focus in a few of the recent posts I’ve published here:
- How to Conduct Your Own Annual Review
- How to Buy a Round-the-World Plane Ticket
- The Art of Radical Exclusion
- 16 Great Books to Change the World
Some of these posts will be fairly long, so I want to give them more breathing room instead of moving on to a new major topic right away. I’ll also have shorter updates from time to time – trip photos, product updates, and so on. But for all practical reasons, come back every Monday and Thursday for the new content designed to help with your own unconventional life. Cool?
These improvements are the result of your feedback. I am tremendously grateful to each of you who take the time to read and participate. Thanks so much. It’s going to be a great year.
Keep rocking the universe,
(Please note there are a few things that are still a bit wonky with the structure – we hope to have that fixed within the next day or two.)