Pioneer Nation 2015 Student Scholarship
What is Pioneer Nation?
Pioneer Nation is a three-day strategy session for budding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and freelancers of all kinds who embrace the D.I.Y. work revolution. It’s for people who want to make a good living doing something they love, pursuing freedom and independence as their own boss. The 3-day intensive experience takes place at the base of Mount Hood, just outside Portland, Oregon from October 1-3, 2015.
We live in an age of independence. Never before have so many people created their own work and forged their own destinies. Whether through entrepreneurship or some kind of small business, the world is changing as people embrace creative, independent work. The opportunities are endless.
The weekend consists of keynote speakers, workshops, coaching, and networking. Learn more at: pioneer2015.eventbrite.com
Pioneer Nation was founded by Chris Guillebeau, explorer of the world and New York Times bestselling author of The $100 Startup, who also founded the World Domination Summit.
The College Student Scholarship Program
For 2015, Pioneer Nation is opening up 6 free seats for local college students with big potential who otherwise couldn’t afford to attend. In exchange for the free ticket (valued at $1,197), accepted applicants will participate in group meet-ups (usually during meal times) with other scholarship participants during the weekend and submit an Action Plan for how they will apply what they’ve experienced.
Note: Lodging, breakfast, and dinner at Resort at the Mountain is not included with this ticket. The scholarship coordinator can assist with setting up shared rooms with other scholarship students at a rate of $66 per night per person (total: $198 for three nights). Alternatively, attendees can book their own private rooms at the discounted rate of $130 per night before September 1. Affordable meals can also be coordinated with the group.
- Applicants must be full-time students in the 2014-15 school year and receive an invitation through a participating University department
- Applicants should have a specific business idea in mind or have already started working on their own start-up. A major in Business is not required
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on October 1, 2015
- Applicants must lodge at Resort at the Mountain throughout the entire weekend and be available to attend all sessions. Transportation will be provided to and from the airport on Thursday, October 1 and Sunday, October 4 if needed
- Applicants agree to full participation in group meet-ups during the weekend and submitting a written Action Plan after the event
- Submit online application by Sunday, September 13
- Scholarship winners announced by September 14
- Payment for lodging by Monday, September 21
- Attend Pioneer Nation October 1-4
- Submit Action Plan by October 10
To apply please fill out the form below
Learn more at: pioneer2015.eventbrite.com